The ability to innovate, keep learning and motivate will drive your business to new levels of success.
What is going on in your business today? Think about the following questions and see where the biggest areas of opportunity are in your organization.
- Are you assertively responding to new opportunities?
- Is all that needs to get done getting done?
- Is everyone in the organization inspired, involved and rewarded?
- Have you developed a meaningful mission and a motivating vision to drive the business?
- Do you emphasize innovation?
- Do you have a plan to develop and introduce new products/services in the future?
- How would you rate communication both internally and externally?
- Does your organization score high marks in the ability to deal with conflict, change?
Leadership skills are not just for people at the top. Leadership is a competency that everyone should learn. Leadership skills help to expand perspective, set the context of a goal, understand the dynamics of human behavior, and encourage us to take more initiative.
- Are you easy to do business with?
- Is customer satisfaction exceeding targets?
- Are you maximizing all of your available and potential markets?
- Are there new markets you should be pursuing?
- Do you identify innovative solutions for customers?
- What percent of time is spent putting out recurring fires?
- Do you spend the largest portion of time doing the most important things?
- How much time do you spend each day in integrating your long-range and intermediate-range plans into your daily activities?
- Do you offer intellectual stimulation and creative challenges?
- Is there a forum to help make sense of the situations you as a business face?
- Do you inspire the creative process by discussing the realities of a situation or problem and ask for help to determine which course of action will best meet the challenges?
- Do you help people develop ideas into valuable solutions?
Based on this quick survey, where are your biggest opportunities for growth?
The opportunities for ongoing learning and development may feel at odds with current resource constraints. If you would like some guidance in putting together a cost and time effective strategy to take your organization to its next level of success, Princeton Performance Dynamics can help.
Author: Helene Mazur
Helene is the founder of Princeton Performance Dynamics, an executive coaching and strategic planning facilitation company for business and non-profit leaders and their teams. Helene’s passion is helping her clients to focus their goals, see new perspectives on their current situation, put in place realistic, motivating plans, and execute to achieve new levels of success.
Permission to Reprint: Helene Mazur’s articles below may be reprinted hard-copy or electronically in your publications provided that the short bio at the end of each article is included and a copy of the hard-copy or electronic publication is forwarded to Princeton Performance Dynamics, 81 Bertrand Drive, Princeton, New Jersey 08540. Permission given for reasonable editing for space constraints and publication format. For articles electronically published, a live click-able hyperlink to www.ppdbusinesscoaching.com is also required. If the above parameters are not met, a payment of $300 per article, per usage, is expected. Send your check to Princeton Performance Dynamic at the above address.