Books, Blogs and Other Interesting Reading
Complimentary Assessment Tools:
- Executive Leadership- assess where you currently stand as a leader in your organization
- Strategic Planning - identify areas of untapped potential and areas for improvement in your organization
Interesting Websites and Blogs:
- Ladies Who Launch an interesting online site that offers services and networking opportunities for women business owners
- The Adventure of Strategy- a thought provoking blog for professional service providers
- Inc. magazine's blog daily insight for entrepreneurs
- Edward DeBono and Robert Hellers Blog for managers
- Many Worlds- A great resource for articles on strategy, innovation and business trends
- FastCompany -an online magazine focusing on business innovation and creativity in the workplace
- CEO Express-A great link for busy executives
- Small Business Trends
- Leadership Now- Leadership thinking from a British site.
- Better Management.com –business management, leaders and decision making strategies and resources
- Blogs on Marketing
- HBS Working Knowledge - timely business information on management topics and features interviews with Harvard Business School (HBS) professors and industry leaders, the best of HBS publications, and coverage of HBS campus speakers and conferences. New features, book recommendations, and Web site reviews are added each week.
- Knowledge@Wharton - a bi-weekly online resource that offers the latest business insights, information and research from a variety of sources. These include analysis of current business trends, interviews with industry leaders and Wharton faculty, articles based on the most recent business research, book reviews, conference and seminar reports, links to other web sites and so on.
- Book Summaries - Key ideas from business bestsellers
- NJBIZ- Read this May, 2004 NJBIZ article titled “Building Better Business Leaders” to learn about a variety of ways to develop leadership skills, including how Princeton Performance Dynamics has helped some of its clients. [PDF file 505K]
- Financial planning
- My Business Magazine for Small business
- Mavericks at Work: Why the Most Original Minds in Business Win by William C. Taylor and Polly G. LaBarre
- A Leader's Legacy by James M. Kouzes, Barry Z. Posner
- Getting Things Done, The Art of Stress- Free Productivity by David Allen
- Working With You is Killing Me: Freeing Yourself from Emotional Traps at Work by Katherine Crowley and Kathi Elster
- Purpose: The Starting Point of Great Companies by Nikos Mourkogiannis and Roger Fisher
- Values-Driven Business: How to Change the World, Make Money, and Have Fun (Social Venture Network) by Ben Cohen and Mal Warwick
- Innovation: The Five Disciplines for Creating What Customers Want by Curtis R. Carlson and William W. Wilmot (Hardcover - Aug 8, 2006)
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable by Seth Godin
- The Cutting Edge in Financial Services by Bob Veres
If you are looking for the latest trends in financial services, this book is a must read! Whether you are a service provider, or on the buying end, you will gain tremendous value from thinking about the implications of what this book has to offer.
- Accountability by Rob Lebow, Randy Spitzer
So many organizations have struggled with change initiatives that have been unsuccessful. If you wonder why no one on your team is as motivated as you, and you want to generate some enthusiasm, this book is definitely worth a read!
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap... and Others Don't by Jim Collins
- The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell
- Leadership and the New Science: Discovering Order in a Chaotic World Revised by Margaret J. Wheatley (Paperback)
- We've Got to Start Meeting Like This: A Guide to Successful Meeting Management by Roger K. Mosvick, Robert B. Nelson (Paperback - May 1996)
- Executive Eq: Emotional Intelligence in Leadership and Organization by Robert K. Cooper, Ayman Sawaf (Paperback)
- A New Brand World: Eight Principles for Achieving Brand Leadership in the 21st Century by Scott Bedbury, Stephen Fenichell
A new view on branding from Bedbury, who headed advertising and marketing divisions for Nike and Starbucks.
- The Dance of Change: The Challenges to Sustaining Momentum in Learning Organizations by Peter M. Senge, et al (Paperback)
- Peak Performance: Aligning the Hearts and Minds of Your Employees by Jon R. Katzenbach
- Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies by James C. Collins, Jerry I. Porras
- Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time by Keith Ferrazzi and Tahl Raz
- Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done by Larry Bossidy, Ram Charan, and Charles Burck
- The 100 Absolutely Unbreakable Laws of Business Success (Paperback) by Brian Tracy
- Princeton Business Journal, Fast Track to Success by Melinda Sherwood, August 2004
A short article on how Helene Mazur of Princeton Performance Dynamics and other business coaches have helped successful professionals address a variety of issues including choosing a suitable career, picking a compatible business partner, firing employees, etc.
- The Resilience Factor by Karen Reivich and Andrew Shatte
The ideas presented in this book are a very practical set of techniques to help smooth the bumps in the road, that can paralyze us. This book is a must read for anyone who has trouble weathering challenges in their life.
- Do What You Are : Discover the Perfect Career for You Through the Secrets of Personality Type--Revised and Updated Edition Featuring E-careers for the 21st Century by Paul D. Tieger, Barbara Barron-Tieger (Paperback - April 2001)
- Climb Your Own Mountain : The Ultimate Success Guide by John Zaccaro (Hardcover - March 1986)
- Zen and the Art of Making a Living : A Practical Guide to Creative Career Design by Laurence G. Boldt (Paperback - May 1999)
- Artful Work: Awakening Joy, Meaning, and Commitment in the Workplace by Dick Richards (Hardcover - March 1995)
- The Artist's Way : A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity by Julia Cameron (Paperback - July 1992)
- The On-Purpose Person: Making Your Life Make Sense: A Modern Parable by Kevin W. McCarthy (Hardcover - August 1992)
- The Lemming Conspiracy: How to Redirect Your Life from Stress to Balance (Includes Bibliographical References) by Don Hutcheson, Bob McDonald (Contributor)
- Jump Start Your Business Brain: Win More, Lose Less, and Make More Money by Doug Hall, Forward by Tom Peters
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey (Paperback - August 1990)
- 9 Steps to Financial Freedom: Practical and Spiritual Steps So You Can Stop Worrying by Suze Orman (Paperback)
- Organized to Be Your Best! : Simplify and Improve How You Work by Susan Silver (Hardcover)
- Adversity Quotient: Turning Obstacles into Opportunities by Paul G. Stoltz (Paperback)
- Focal Point: A Proven System to Simplify Your Life, Double Your Productivity, and Achieve All Your Goals by Brian Tracy